Thursday, December 15, 2011

14 miles and I'm off!

Hello blogworld,

This is going to be a quick post, but I have some things to share with you all.

First off, I think I figured out the solution to my running rut. I joined a local women's fitness center that focuses on functional strength, resistant training, and circuits. I'm not sure if I'll be a lifelong member just because it's pretty pricey. I was able to snag a good deal for a month, though, because they have this introductory trial offer going on. My membership includes unlimited use of the facilities, unlimited small group training sessions, a fitness consultation, and three free personal training sessions.

I love suspension training! 

I've gone to a few sessions already, and I love it!

I was actually planning on going today.

My plan was to pop out for a quick three mile run and then go to one of the easier circuit classes the fitness center offers. They offer two different kinds of classes. Both are circuit based, but one moves a lot quicker and has a lot more circuits. The easier one has less circuits and more rest time. Both sessions end with a good foam rolling session. Let me just say, I love the foam roller already!

Anyways, I set off on my run this morning, intending to do three miles. I didn't bring my garmin with me because it's been acting funny lately, and sometimes I don't like wearing it because it makes me feel pressure to keep my pace up.

About twenty five minutes into my run, I decided I wanted to keep running.

So I did.

And then I ran some more.

And some more.

By this time, I knew I wasn't going to go to the class. I would be cutting it close time wise and probably exhausted by the time I got there.

So I kept running.

I took the long road. 


I toyed with the idea in my head of running farther that I ever have before.

I didn't have my garmin, but I ran for about 2 hours and 15 minutes!

I'm guessing I ran over 14 miles. Maybe even 15.

The longest I had run prior to this was 13.1 for my half marathon.

Go me!

I have to say I'm feeling a little blah right now because I didn't have any fuel with me on my run. (I wasn't planning on running that long).

I'm going to go shower, eat lunch (a big one), finish packing, do a bit of shopping and then leave for this place.........

Vegas baby!!!!!


My friend and I are also hitting up some other places, but you'll just have to wait until I get back to find out where : )

What's the farthest you've ever ran?
Do you ever turn a run into a long run on a whim!

No comments:

Post a Comment