Saturday, March 27, 2010

Support From Surprising Places

Okay, I'm sorry about the "S" title theme going on today, and I know I have already posted today, but I had to share something with you all.

Until about a half an hour ago, I was feeling pretty down-in-the dumps. Not that anything was particularly bad, but I was just bummed about sitting at home, not doing a whole lot, on a Saturday night. When I think back to before ED, I was always out with friends or doing something on a Saturday night, but ED's control over food often ends up controlling my life and leaving me with not enough energy to go out and have fun on a Saturday night.

Anyways, my spirits were really lifted when I got a phone call from a neighbor tonight. She is friends with my parents, and I grew up with her daughter. Well my parents went over there tonight, and my dad told her about my eating disorder (with my permission, of course).

Well, after my parents came home, my neighbor called me up and told me how much she cares about me and that she is always going to be there for me. She gave me a lot of useful advice and really just made me feel better about myself as a person. She also offered to take me out to lunch. I think I am just going to have to take her up on that offer. Of course, ED tells me there is no way I am going to go out to eat at a restaurant, but I'm going to have to learn how to tell ED to shut up.

Not that I thought my neighbor would be unsupportive, but I never imagined she would be so there for me. I guess I should consider myself blessed to have so many people who care about me and support me in recovery : )

No comments:

Post a Comment