Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mr. Meal Plan

Like I promised, I'd post you a new copy of my new and insanely huge, improved meal plan. My meals are based on the diabetic exchange plan. On the left are the exchanges I need, and on the right are examples of each exchange. For snacks, my nutritionist just gave me a few options for each "snack time". 


7:00 - 8:00  Breakfast
coffee with chocolate soy milk.
AND
2 grains
1 fruit
2 protein
2 fats
Dairy/soy
2/3 cup granola
medium banana
2 tablespoon peanut butter
Greek yogurt


10:00 – 10:30
Odwalla  bar and 8 oz chocolate soy milk
OR
Starbucks Smoothie
OR
Starbucks Frappucinno

1:00 – 2:00 Lunch
2 grains
3 proteins
2 fats
1 veggies
2 fruit
1 dessert

2 slices
1 oz turkey
2 slices of Swiss cheese
bag of apple slices
8 oz fruit juice
1 large Kashi cookie

5:00 – 5:30 Afternoon Snack
Regular sized or 2 small soy ice cream sandwiches and 30 Annie’s Bunnies
OR
Cliff Bar and Fruit
OR
Medium Creemee

6:30 – 7:30 Dinner
Family dinner
2 grains
3  proteins
2 veggie
2 fats

dairy/soy
1 dessert

1 cup pasta
3 oz. turkey
1 cup salad
2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
8 oz soy milk
1 handful peanut butter M&Ms


9:15 – 9:45 Evening Snack
2 sheets graham crackers with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and banana
OR
Nut Butter Krispies

I'm not going to lie; this meal plan is definitely proves a challenge for me. I HAVE been following it, but let me tell ya', it has NOT been easy. I am constantly full (I'm starting to forget what the sensation of hunger feels like), and it definitely gets Ed talking. I'm not exactly sure how many calories I am eating a day, but it's a lot. You know what, though? I need those calories! I deprived my body of the calories it needed for so long that I need to compensate by adding lots more calories now. I'll do what I have to to inform Ed that he is not welcome in my life! 

I'm sorry to bore you with another picture-less post. I have plenty of food pics on my camera; I just need to put them on my comp. I'll do it soon : )

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. thanks;-) we're in this together! i hear u one the whole "full" thing! look foward to more picture-ful ? lol posts ps ur are a real inspiration and huge help for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete