Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Excuse Me While I Melt!

My Gosh, it's hot out today. It was so hot, I seriously thought I was going to melt at points during the day. I think the thermometer topped out around 95 degrees!

Hot enough for ya??


I got to spend the sizzling day at work with hot, tired, and grumpy campers. Lucky me! Really though, it was nice to be back to work after a long and lazy weekend. I just wish it wasn't so hot. We didn't really spend a whole lot of time outside today due to the heat, but the indoor facilities aren't really air conditioned, so not only was it hot...it was also stuffy.

One plus about today: double swim time for my camp group. The pool at my camp is really cold. I , not having a whole lot of insulation, hates getting in the cold pool. Today, however, I was super happy to have a place to cool off.


After work, I was lucky enough to get a creemee with my father. For all of you who don't know what a creemee is, it's soft serve ice cream--Vermont style. Today, I got a maple and chocolate twist creemee. It was sooooo good. Sorry I didn't take a pic for you all.

Anywho, I tried my first breakfast cookie this morning. I took the Fitnessista's recipe and modified it a tad. I mixed together 1/3 cup oats, 1 tbsp peanut butter, a mashed banana, splash of soymilk, and a crap-load of cinnamon last night. I then spread it out on a plate and let it chill in the fridge last night. This morning I topped it with a container of vanilla greek yogurt. I must say that I was slightly disappointed. The cookie wasn't bad; it was just kind of bland. I prefer my yogurt messes. Any suggestions to how I can improve my breakfast cookie?? I'm definitely willing to try it again. Also, I really like cold breakfasts. What else can I have besides yogurt messes? (I know cereal is an option, but I find that cereal gets too soggy in milk too quickly...haha)

The infamous breakfast cookie: Quaker Oats, PB & Co. Mighty Maple
peanut butter, mashed nanner, cinnamon, Silk vanilla soymilk, Brown Cow
vanilla greek yogurt

Here's a lunch pic from lunch yesterday: (Yes this picture was taken in my fridge. I made lunch and then the phone rang. It ended up being a long convo, and I didn't want my lunch to get warm, so I let the whole plate chill in the fridge...haha)

Yesterday's Lunch: PB &J on whole wheat, freeze dried
strawberries and bananas, sliced apples, Country Choice
fmini frosted gingerbread cookies

Oh, and a pic of the pathetic parrot I drew in Arts and Crafts at work today:

Yes, I know; I have the artistic talent of a five year old, and I'm 
proud of it!

One more thing before I go...Did any of you watch the Bachelorette last night. Jake and Vienna.???Holly Cow!! Wha'd you guys think? Who's at fault?

No comments:

Post a Comment