Friday, September 2, 2011

Accomplished

Happy Friday everyone!

I woke up bright and early this morning and had an amazing breakfast. I was too hungry to take a picture. Sorry about that....oops. Let's just say, it combined peanut butter, fresh strawberries and a 'nanner, greek yogurt and chocolate in the form of a vitatop.

Anyways, after digesting a bit, I set out to accomplish what I have been anticipating/worrying about/ dreading all week. What????....you may ask. A 7 mile run. My training plan had me scheduled to do a 7 mile run on Sunday, but I'm going to be super busy all weekend with sorority stuff, so I knew it would be best to knock the run off my list this morning while I had time.

To sum it up, it was awesome. I've run this distance before. Actually my PDR is 10 miles, but I haven't run over 6 miles in a few months. Yes, my legs felt a bit tight at points and conquering hills were a little bit of a challenge, but running/half marathon training is supposed to be challenging. I need to just trust my training plan and have more confidence in myself and not worry about my long runs. I know I can do them!
Bumper sticker on the back of my car served as
inspiration for my run this morning 

Now, I'm off to shower because, well...I like my friends, and if I stopped showering, I think they'd all start to disappear out of my lives. Just kidding, but I do really need to shower. I'm a sweaty mess.

Then I'm off to do some last minute shopping for formal recruitment (we are required to wear certain outfits for certain nights of recruitments, so we look unified and put together) with some friends. Then we are going to devour these bad boys.....


Boy, do I love bagels! Carbs don't scare me!

Afterwards, I'm off to work and then I'll be spending the evening with my lovely sorority sisters, prepping for formal recruitment, which is coming up in less than two weeks!

Love these ladies!


I'm not sure what I'll be doing afterwards.

Maybe, I'll take it easy, head home, and watch a movie....

Maybe, I'll go out for ice cream with some of my favorite chicas...

Maybe, I'll spend the night out on the town with some friends...

Only time will tell. I'm not going to waste my time and decide what I'm going to do  "have to do" now. Instead, I'm going to wait and see how I feel and what comes up.
Enjoy your fridays ladies (and gentleman)!

Do you ever doubt your ability to run long distances if you are a runner? How do you overcome this? 
Tell me what fun plans you have for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment