Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lobster

I'm a vegetarian and never was a seafood fan anyways, so no I did not eat lobster.

However, I sure do look like one....meeehhhh. I'll explain in a little bit. First, I want to recap my weekend for you all.

So far, I've had a pretty eventful and fun weekend. One of my best friends from school came back for the weekend. Last night, I hung out with her after work. We ended up getting dinner at Boloco. It's a really fun, wrap/burrito place. They have tons of healthy options and you can make a custom wrap or burritio. I had a brown rice bowl with tofu, fajita veggies, romaine lettuce, carrots, broccoli, and teriyaki sauce. I was too busy enjoying my food and the conversation to snap a picture. Sorry about that guys. After dinner, we just talked and caught up for a couple hours. It was a relaxed, but fun Friday night.
Two peas in a pod...or in a South Carolinian Aquarium in this 
case : )

This morning, I woke up around 7:30am, which is early for a Saturday, but much later than my usual 5am wakeup. I ate breakfast which I also forgot to snap a picture of. Sorry, I have been really bad at taking pictures this weekend. Digested and completed a 4 mile run. While the run wasn't too long, it was certainly hilly and got my heart pumpin' hard and my quads screamin'!

Okay, so maybe the hills didn't look like this, but they were tough
nonetheless! 

Post run, I showered, packed a lunch, picked up my friend, and headed to the beach. It was a perfect day to visit the beach. Warm and sunny!

Sunny and sandy...just the way I like it!

Unfortunately, I didn't pack sunscreen, so I got a little burnt to say the least. Since, I am outside at camp all the time, I have developed a pretty good tan, so at work, I never burn despite being outside in the heat all day. Well, at work, I also don't wear a bikini. I'm usually sporting running shorts, a sports bra, and a tank top. When I'm swimming or we go to the beach on a field trip, I have to wear a one piece, so my mid section is still rather pale. I do run in just a sports bra sometimes, but since I don't run laying down, my mid section doesn't get much sun. To make a long story short, my back currently resembles the backside of a lobster....red as can be. Ouch!
Sorry for the awkward picture. I'm just trying to show 
my poor sunburned back. 

Had to take a classic mirror pic after..I'm 
such a dork!

After returning from the beach, my parents took me out to dinner. Now, I'm just relaxing and watching a movie. Never Let Me Go....It's so good pretty far.



Tomorrow, I'm going to go for a long bike ride with my dad...tomorrow is a running rest day--meaning I'm not running. Lately, I've been pretty good at not running everyday and doing more cross training!

Afterwards, my mom is taking me to see Winnie The Pooh. I've been waiting to see this movie for two weeks. I finally convinced someone to see it with me. And who better to relive your childhood and see Winnie with than the momma?

Would you happen to have some honey? 


Have a good night amigas!

Oh, and hopefully I can share my good news with you soon. I'm just waiting for one final thing! Sorry about the ambiguity.

Questions:
1) Are you enjoying your weekends? I hope so!
2) Runners....is it hard for you to cross train instead of run? And, what type of cross training do you do. I feel like cross training does wonders for my body, but I always feel guilty because in my disordered mind, running is the best workout. So, I should run everyday, right? Wrong! 

No comments:

Post a Comment