Sunday, July 17, 2011

Guess Who's Back?

Back again....Kristy's back....tell a blogger friend.

Okay, lame...I know, I know. I just had to use Eminem lyrics (although I have to say I'm not a huge fan of him, especially of that song in particular) to tell you all that I'm going to give blogging another go. I'm sorry I made a huge disappearance on you all last August....almost a year ago. Almost a year ago?!?!? I can't believe a whole year has gone by. My-oh-my, how time flies! While I haven't been blogging myself, I've been reading everyone else's blogs pretty consistently.

Anyways, you're probably wondering what I have been up to this past year. Right?

Well, I've been up to a lot, but to be honest, I don't even know where to start.

For one, I finished my junior year of college. Although I often overlook this, it is a pretty big accomplishment.

I've been a very active member of my sorority....
Spring '11 Formal

Had a lot of fun times with great friends.....
80's workout night!

Myrtle Beach Aquarium 

 Enjoyed some good vegetarian eats. I've been a veggie for over a year now!
Thai food...mmmmm. This stir fry was legit
the spiciest thing I've ever eaten!

 Kicked some behind at some races-5ks, 10ks, and trail races...I'm thinking about doing a half this fall(more to come on that later)...
4th of July 5k (A hot one for sure!)

 Traveled with the chicas...
Gotta love the beach!

Recently started weight lifting....
Yep, I jumped on the bloggie bandwagon, 
purchased, and read this book. 

And landed the assistant director position at the summer camp I worked at as a counselor last summer, and I'm currently working 11 hour days!
A few of my kiddos : )

I've been pretty busy to say the least. If I'm going to be 100% honest, though, I must admit that my eating disorder has taken control over some small aspects of my life again. Although I'm 100 times stronger than I was 2 years ago, I must admit that I'm not as spontaneous or indulgent as I was a year to six months ago. Although I eat enough and am very involved in the "real world" and am an active participant in my life, I sometimes feel like I've become too health focussed or think too much about exercise. I eat healthy most of the time and spend too much thinking about healthy foods. I also feel like I schedule exercise into my day and make it a top priority.

On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I got to a point where I was almost "too recovered" from my eating disorder. I know that sounds absurd. How can one be too recovered from an eating disorder??? Well, "too recovered" is probably the wrong phrase. I guess, I could say I forced myself to be too spontaneous, too indulgent, and too fun to prove to myself and all those around me that I was 100% covered from my eating disorder. And as far as exercise goes, I feel like it's such a mood lifter and love how strong it makes me feel. Crossing the finish line at a race and achieving a PR is one of the best feeling evah'! Also, right now, I'm working 11 hours a day, so I feel the need to stick to a strict exercise routine. So, thinking about where I am now....maybe I've just learned to balance things and find a happy medium between being the girl who never goes out and has to control everything and the girl who goes out every weekend and is up for anything.

I think part of it is a balance thing and part of it is Ed rearing his ugly head.

Hopefully, blogging once again will help me figure everything out and be the real Kristy....not "controlled by Ed" Kristy and not "Counter Ed" Kristy--just Kristy. I have a lot more to share....a lot of good things and a few...well, not so good things, but I'm a busy lady, so I've got to get on with my Sunday afternoon.

Have a good Sunday blog-a-boos!


A few questions for you: 


After recovering from an eating disorder, did you ever find yourself doing things you didn't truly enjoy or find yourself pushing yourself too far just to prove you were recovered? 


How do you incorporate exercise into a busy lifestyle? On days when you can't exercise, how do you deal with negative thoughts?


Any fun plans for the weekend..or the remainder of it anyways? (I just went out to lunch and the beach with two of my oldest and best friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment