Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Little Bit of Everything

Happy Sunday bloggies! For most everyone the term "happy Sunday" is probably an oxymoron, and quite honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Sunday's either.....but hey, a girl can be optimistic and unreasonably cheery, right?

Okay, I know I haven't blogged in a few days, but I'll do you the favor and spare you every little detail of my whereabouts, eats, etc. because I don't want to bore you to death. Instead, I'll just mention a few highlights of this weekend.

Unfortunately, most of my friends were busy this weekend or gone (looosseerrsss...haha-not really), so I ended up spending most of my time this weekend with the 'rents. Yesterday, my mom and I went to see Letters to Juliet. Was it good? OMG, YES!!! Please, do your self a favor and go see it NOW! It was rather predictable but really funny and cute.

I want a man like this!!!

I also went out to dinner with the madre last night. We went to Chili's, and I got the Margarita Grilled Chicken. It was good, but I wish the dish had more rice and less beans. I mean, I love beans, but the bean to rice ratio was about 5:1....a little bit unporportionate, eh? I know that beans are really good for you because they are chalk full of protein, but the chicken in the dish also has a lot of protein. Also, I eat a lot of greek yogurt and peanut butter, so in no way, shape, or form am I lacking in the protein department.

Chili's Margarita Grilled Chicken--I didn't remember to take a pic until
half way through my meal. Sorry gals, but I was hungry!

Speaking of greek yogurt, I am starting to wonder if I am lactose intolerant. Why? Well, I've been eating a lot more dairy over the past few months and to put it quite frankly, I've been having digestive issues, especially right after I eat dairy. I should talk to the doc about this. If I am lactose intolerant, I hope some lactase supplements will do the trick because I don't know if I can live without dairy. Don't get me wrong; I love soy milk and similar products, but greek yogurt?!?! I'm obsessed, and until I see soy greek yogurt on the shelves, this girl will keep devouring the fluffy greek stuff despite what her digestive system is telling her.

Like greek yogurt, I also love creemees. For all of you who do not reside in the wonderful (being optimistic here) state of vermont, a creemee is basically a soft serve ice cream cone....only better, haha! Even though I love creemees, I hadn't eaten one in a long time because "Ed" thinks they are unhealthy. I talked to my therapist, though, and she encouraged me to eat one this week. Well, today I did! I skipped lunch in order to have a creemee. I when my therapist recommend I eat a creemee, she wasn't implying that I should skip a meal to do so, but "Ed" was only willing to let me eat a creemee if I skipped lunch....so I guess Kristy won one battle and Ed won one battle too. A tie is better than a loss right?

This isn't my ice cream, hand, or even picture for that matter. I took
a picture of my raspberry maple creemee, but my phone won't send it 
for some reason...oh, poo! This creemee looks pretty good, though. 

The creemee was very good by the way, and it was a beautiful day to enjoy ice cream with my lovely father. The whole time I was eating it, my eating disorder kept reminding me how unhealthy it was and how it just contained empty calories, but I gladly drowned out Ed's commentary and enjoyed every bite of my maple raspberry goodness! (My stomach isn't feeling so hot now, though.....lactose intolerance??)

Anyways, I have some food pics that have accumulated over the past few days. I could bore you with all the details about my activities the days, hours, whatever that I ate the food, but you would be bored to tears, so I'll just let you look at my pics.

Fiber Gourmet rotini, with peas and roasted red pepper hummus--
This was eaten friday along with Ritz whole wheat crackers
and an apple.

Self-assembled restaurant yogurt mess--I ordered plain Dannon yogurt
and Cheerios from the restaurant, and I brought my own Banana. Then 
I sliced, poured, and mixed (the bowl the gave me was a little small, so
I kind of made a mess....oops!)

Chobani vanilla yogurt, cut up dark chocolate Vitatop, and P.B. &
Co. Mighty Maple peanut butter--My mouth did a little dance and sang 
a little song while eating this : )

Hey, Riley (my dog) isn't food. He's pretty cute, though, 
right? Just look at those puppy eyes...

Well, I'll let you guys go and enjoy the rest of your weekends.... although for me and all other college students the fact that it is the weekend means diddily squat because everyday feel like it is part of the weekend. 






No comments:

Post a Comment